This article is part of the guide for different product types:
- How to Add a Simple Product in WooCommerce?
- How to Add a Grouped Product in WooCommerce?
- How to Add a Virtual Product in WooCommerce?
- How to Add a Downloadable Product in WooCommerce?
- How to add an External/Affiliate Product WooCommerce?
- How to Add a Variable Product in WooCommerce?
We have already covered a few WooCommerce product types in detail. In this article, we will look into the process of adding external (affiliate) products.
Adding affiliate or external products
The process of creating an affiliate product is same as creating any other product. Go to: Product → Add Products.
Enter name, description and other required fields. In the product metabox, choose External/Affiliate product.
When you select this option, two additional fields will be added in the General section. These are:
- Product URL – Here you can enter the URL of the external seller who is selling this product.
- Button text – Display a text of your choice on the button linking your store to the external product. For a product that is directly sold in your store, this button shows ‘Add to Cart’.
Some fields that are not needed for an external product (inventory, shipping, tax, etc.) will disappear as well.